FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Willow Theories!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion
Violabelle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject: Willow Theories! Reply with quote

Omg you guys, I think maybe they're all dead and this is purgatory! ...oh wait, wrong mystery.

This is the thread for pondering the mysterious Willow's origins! From the silly to the sublime...

What I remember from the old forum:
-Willow is Earthsong's Eve
-Willow is Sage's child
-Willow is sent by the Sidera
-Willow is the daughter of a one-eyed riverboat gambler (or something like that...? I can't believe I remember that.)
-Lady actually has no idea what Willow is and is making it up as she goes along :p
Cypher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vote goes with Earthsong's Eve.

Though honestly, that just seems too obvious, and you'd think that Earthsong would know if she'd made an Eve. There's only one logical conclusion:

Willow is really a Cylon.

Officially dubbed Pez by AsA
Cypher = code = problem = puzzle = Puzz = Pez

Keeper of Skogul's berserk rage, and the Endless Void.
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no, the old forum's gone and now I can't check to see if teh Lady actually has dismissed the Willow=Eve theory.
And I stand by my theroy that Willow is a mass delusion.
Tamir

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That theory has not been dismissed, and is as popular as ever. But it's wrong. Only fools wouldn't see that Willow is clearly Sage's child. Fools, I say!

(Boy, everyone sticks to their guns, huh? XD I'm actually almost certain my theory is wrong, but I like it anyway. *hugs theory*)
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She hasn't directly dismissed it? Well I still don't believe it, there's too much evidence on the contrary and the evidence for the theory is weak in my opinion.
For example, one reason people assume Willow is Earthsong's Eve is because of the similarties in their appearance but that isn't strong proof. Nanashi and Gaia look nothing alike yet Nanashi is Gaia's child, and Tristram looks similar to Beluosus but he isn't Bel's child.
My strongest argument that Willow isn't Earthsong's Eve is that the Lady has admitted that Earthsong is not suffering from the soulstone phenomenon, but Willow does have a soulstone. So nyah.
Man it feels good to be discussing this stuff again.
Cypher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I recall, our Great and Glorious Lady only forbid us from asking her about it, since everyone wanted to know and she wasn't telling.

The Eve theory has a lot of flaws, but so do most other theories. There is almost no concrete evidence at all supporting the Sage-Willow connection, and it doesn't explain how she can touch Earthsong's stone, since no one from other planets can, and Sage isn't THAT special.

I doubt she's sent by the Sidera, since they already sent the swords, and the situation was mostly neutral when she arrived (meaning Earthsong didn't need extra help).

The one-eyed gambler...is just crazy enough to be plausible, but doesn't really explain anything.

As to the Almighty and Beneficent Lady making it up as she goes along... I doubt it. Willow's mysterious lack of memory and ability to touch her stone seem too thought out to be random. She definitely has a general idea, but I'll grant that she might be making up the details as she goes along.

So, since all the given theories have an equal probability of being wrong, I'm following Tamir's example and sticking with my Cylon theory

Tamir

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oi, the Sage theory makes loads of sense. Just give me a sec to remember why. Razz

The Sage theory states that Sage created a pure (Siderean?) soulstone like Nanashi's, created a child and infused the soulstone into her. He did so in order to provide Earthsong with a weapon to fight Bel. He's the only planet we know of who could do such a thing.

How does this solve the Willow mysteries? Well, for one, Willow has no remnant. That would be because Sage has only just created her, and she has no past life to remember. The second mystery is that Willow touched the manifest stone - since we're dealing with a pure soulstone, she could do it like Nanashi does.

This theory was all very good until the Redux, when we found out that Willow recognizes animal life on Earthsong, that the Siderean element seems restricted only to the Sidera, and that Sage knew nothing about Willow when asked. So the theory's dead at this point. -_-
Cypher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah. Logic's no reason to kill off a perfectly good theory, especially when you can get around it with a little rationalization.

Sage could be lying, for his own reasons. Maybe the he thought the Sidera would be offended by what he did, and so denied involvement. That fits with the element thing, since the Sidera probably wouldn't want someone messing around with their stuff. And since our furry demon friend had her look for other animals she remembered, it's possible Sage's planet has griffons, or at least myths of them.

Tamir

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I'm willing to proclaim the theory dead and move on. ^_^ I'm sure I can figure out another way to involve Sage.
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I debate the argument that Willow has no remanant. I believe that the Guard hit the nail on the head when they told her they thought her remanant was so traumatic she blocked it out.
Willow has twice been in a situation where she was about to be left alone, (once in Genesis and once in Revelations). Both times her reaction was fear, this is understandable in Revelations, but in Genesis she is in a safe enviroment.
I believe that Willow's remanant is something to do with abandonment and she has blocked it out. So basically, she does have a remanant, but she can't remember it, her subconcious can however. So neither the Sage theory (sorry Tam) or the Eve theory work.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: New to the comic and forum Reply with quote

i started reading the comic about a month ago and am addicted. It occurred to me that maybe somehow willow had a soul stone from Beluosus. It would explain weirdness. And maybe the trauma of people thinking Beluosus had died is why she has no remnant.
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC Lady dismissed the Willow-as-ES-Eve theory based on the fact that the creation of an Eve is an active process which ES would have to have personal control over the entire time - it's not something she could do by accident, and she'd definitely know the resultant individual.
Cypher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mhadascox may be on to something here. If Britland's theory is right, the sufficiently traumatic experience she was talking about could be the total destruction of Beluosus's world.

Of course, that doesn't explain why it took her so long to get to Earthsong, since the redux doesn't do the whole temporal craziness of the original as far as we know.

Still, it's an interesting theory.

cvcdaisy3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss the lists so much....
I'm sure Tam will stop at no border of rationality to explain how Willow has something to do with Sage.

I agree with Cypher that Mhadascox might be onto something, though I can't think what...
Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one will be heartily glad when the Real Answer (whatever it may be) is finally revealed. It's been, what, three years? Four? We've long sinced hashed over all the likely theories and a large number of highly improbably ones (such as mine, the full details of which even I can no longer remember). Time to move on!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: