FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

TRISTRAM LOVE! (Or otherwise)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion
JackAce

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

technochocolate wrote:
I see I see! Thankies. So basically most people here already know how the story will pan out?

Actually, we are now rather rapidly approaching the end of what was the old comic.

And even in the parts we know, the Lady has found opportunities to surprize us.

Please click on my Eggs and Hatchlings.
technochocolate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schweet. Sorry from straying off-topic there.... Laughing

"Live without the sunlight
Love without your heartbeat
I can't live
Within you" --Jareth
theBSDude

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem at all. We're pretty relaxed about that here.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
le Pencil Pirate

Location: Still under the Opera House, and still hoarding Tristram's pencils.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, we aren't! You shall all be poodled!

Kidding. xP

I do like the Trissy/Neuria interaction in today's page, though. The hugging panels were hilarious.
Neuria: Yee! 8D
Tristram: -.- *Glooowwer*

Keeper of Tristram's Pencils, Bel's non-existant rear, and... I think that's it.
technochocolate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Tristram looks like she smells pretty bad.

"Live without the sunlight
Love without your heartbeat
I can't live
Within you" --Jareth
le Pencil Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably smells like a doggy. D:

Keeper of Tristram's Pencils, Bel's non-existant rear, and... I think that's it.
Lady Dea

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to be run out by... pitchforks and flaming torches, but I like my vampires unrepentant.

See, while I like Tristram well enough, and I'm sure his cause is noble, I'm an old-fashioned vampire sort of gal. Lady Dea is short for Lady Draculea, my pen name, actually. I enjoy the vampires of old, the creatures that haunted our nightmares, the shadows lurking in the alleys. I'm not a fan of the current "woe is me" vampire (Louis, Angel, Edward, and so forth). The occurrence of returning a vampire's humanity is rampant. People want to sympathize with them, they want to see a softer, more vulnerable tortured soul. I want to see a bloodied grin and wicked eyes!

But then, I can always write what I want myself, right? Cool

But anyways. I do like Tristram; here's to hoping he grows a spine. Either way, I'm sure Willow with either force him to grow one, or rip somebody else's out and threaten Tristram with it. XD
le Pencil Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh. I like the creepy kind myself, and there deffinately are a lot of the woe-is-me types lurking about in the world of fiction...

But really, it depends on how good a character he/she/it is. So far in the redux, Dearest Tristram is proving to be a pretty interesting character, so I am appeased.

I shant run you out, Lady Dea. Very Happy

Lady Dea

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

le Pencil Pirate wrote:
Eh. I like the creepy kind myself, and there deffinately are a lot of the woe-is-me types lurking about in the world of fiction...

But really, it depends on how good a character he/she/it is. So far in the redux, Dearest Tristram is proving to be a pretty interesting character, so I am appeased.

I shant run you out, Lady Dea. Very Happy

I agree, Tristram is definitely proving to be an interesting and well-thought-out character.

I'll keep my running shoes on, just in case, though. Wink
Tenshi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to have to sit on the fence on this one. To me, it doesn't much matter what a character does, but more why they do it. Wink

I'm just as pleased with Tristram as I was with, say, the sinister vampire lord that a DM I used to play with came up with. We spent the entire campaign chasing lackeys, thinking all the time we were fighting the "end boss" each time. Each time, this vampire would make efforts (and sometimes succeed) in taking the party's cohesiveness away, and turning them against one another.

When we finally were confronted by the vampire, half of the party was fighting the other half, and we lost the final battle. Only by the "Deus Ex Machina" of one of the characters' backstory were we able to win. The DM quietly packed up his gear, and said only one thing as he left.

"I bid you all a good evening, and suggest you consider who your enemy truly was. For this entire game, you were chasing shadows. In the end, you turned upon one another to sate your bloodlust."

...I much prefer evil vampires, but Tristram is a good character.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
sunshine

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The difference to me is whether the vampiric lore makes them out to be undead, unholy abominations, or if, as in the Earthsong world, they're just another type of humanoid race that happens to have peculiar feeding habits.

It also depends on whether or not said vampire is potentially to be up for grabs as a romantic lead with a character who isn't also a neckbiter Razz

My deviantART page

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
theBSDude

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to Trissy's personality, I think he fits better with his remnant now. True, he's got ample reason to be emo, but back on his homeworld, he was a rebel. He'd have to have a strong personality to go against the normal behavior of his kind.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
electricpanda

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theBSDude wrote:
he was a rebel.

Way to make me imagine him in a leather jacket. On a motorcycle.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I like the new incarnation, to be honest. He has a complex, multi-layered personality. He has his desires to help Willow, his desires to break Bel's control, but he also has more than ample fear to keep him in check. So, I think he acts very realistically. As of yet, we've seen the most exposition from him I think. I don't remember if Gwen's remnant was in the redux or not...

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
sunshine

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Tenshi - Gwen's remnant wasn't in there, her introduction was very brief and mostly just established her as a character.

And I may not know the old Tristram, but I definitely enjoy this one. He strikes me as the kind of guy who was a genuinely nice, respectable gentlemanly guy before his life took a turn for the angsty, slinging one futile situation after another at him until eventually he lost hope and became bitter and withdrawn. He doesn't want to be that way, but shame keeps him from taking the self-sacrificing route of defying Bel and being sent home. Plus, it's been so long since there's been any reason for him to fight, or even be hopeful for a change for the better, that he just doesn't have the energy to try. He's not broken, though... if he were broken he'd have let himself become the Mandragora's first aid kit, rather than going off into hiding, though he's still too nice of a guy to be able to refuse outright giving aid to a fellow person.

That's a pretty deep, multi-dimensional character right there, if I do say so myself Razz

My deviantART page

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: