FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Wikipedia

devilman2045

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Wikipedia Reply with quote

Is is possable for Lady to set up a Wiki for ES?

I have seen some sites do that before, like Urban Dead. The wiki would be ran by the members, so this wouldn't cut into Lady's personal time. Also, this would allow some of these more interesting posts to be turned into sections/articles, so they aren't necessarily lost whenever the boards go down, or get changed.

This would also allow for one more thing for people to link to regarding ES.
Ravenna

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I understand it, we DID have a wiki page for Earthsong, but since it failed under the rules of notability that Wikipedia keeps - as many webcomics unfortunately have - so it was taken down. D:

So I don't think we can.
Tamir

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Devilman's talking about a wiki page for Earthsong, not a wikipedia article on Earthsong. (And by the way, the Earthsong wikipedia page is still up!)

I'm pretty sure the Lady disapproved of this idea at some point, though I'm not entirely sure why.
Maeniel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not referring to wikipedia itself, but rather an Earthsong wiki. Basically a wikipedia just for Earthsong.

Urban Dead Wiki is a perfect example. There's also several others.
Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the old forum we had the "What We Know" thread. A wiki would answer a similar purpose.
devilman2045

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tinalles wrote:
On the old forum we had the "What We Know" thread. A wiki would answer a similar purpose.

Yes, but it's my understanding that the "What We Know" thread was lost with the old forum. Is this correct? I know it was linked to on Wikipedia, but the link doesn't take you anywhere.....

Like you said Tin, it would serve a similar purpose, and could be expanded upon in other areas as well. This could take some strain off the forums, and website (where the character backgrounds are).
Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect Lady Yates probably won't do it. At any rate, she nixed the idea the last time it came up. I can't recall her reasons, though.
devilman2045

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tinalles wrote:
I suspect Lady Yates probably won't do it. At any rate, she nixed the idea the last time it came up. I can't recall her reasons, though.

Well, just because she nixed it last time, doesn't mean she'll nix it this time. Perhaps things have changed since then. Maybe she has the oppertunity to do so this time. Who knows?

Since the reasons are unknown, we have no way of speculating as to wether or not they would change over time.
YatesOfYore
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I nixed it, and I believe that it was actually already asked once on Forum 2.0, because it isn't really necessary.

I've got a very extensive "About" page on the main site which has an open invitation for corrections or additions to be sent to me. If you like, we could start a thread for "About Page Suggestions" in the Earthsong Section of the forum.

Anyhow, my reason for not giving a wiki my blessing is that, and I don't mean to sound rude here, very few people have a firm grasp on the concepts behind how the Earthsong'verse works. And that's probably mostly my fault, but that's why I have the About page - to compensate for anything I didn't clarify enough in the actual comic.

(Also I get irritated when people put in things like "Neuria is SUPPOSEDLY a werewolf, though she can't shapeshift". Thanks for missing the point, is all I have to say to that. She IS a werewolf. Human mythology messed up what they're actually like. But this is just me being a prima donna author here Wink )
devilman2045

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyYates wrote:
I nixed it, and I believe that it was actually already asked once on Forum 2.0, because it isn't really necessary.

I've got a very extensive "About" page on the main site which has an open invitation for corrections or additions to be sent to me. If you like, we could start a thread for "About Page Suggestions" in the Earthsong Section of the forum.

Anyhow, my reason for not giving a wiki my blessing is that, and I don't mean to sound rude here, very few people have a firm grasp on the concepts behind how the Earthsong'verse works. And that's probably mostly my fault, but that's why I have the About page - to compensate for anything I didn't clarify enough in the actual comic.

(Also I get irritated when people put in things like "Neuria is SUPPOSEDLY a werewolf, though she can't shapeshift". Thanks for missing the point, is all I have to say to that. She IS a werewolf. Human mythology messed up what they're actually like. But this is just me being a prima donna author here Wink )

I see. I guess it makes a lot of sense now. I'll just forget about it.....
devilman2045

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't seem to come up with any other free ideas for ES to be advertised. Sorry for wasting band width and board space.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: