FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Max Payne 3

Nem

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Max Payne 3 Reply with quote

http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3/

"I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings." - Max Payne

Quote:
New York, NY – March 23, 2009 – Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce that Max Payne 3 is currently in development and scheduled for a winter 2009 release on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and PC. Developed by Rockstar Vancouver, Max Payne 3 tells the story of a retired police detective embroiled in a world of corruption, turmoil and intense violence.

The award-winning Max Payne franchise put players in the role of Max Payne, a hard-boiled New York City detective with a penchant for violence, out to avenge the death of his family. The latest installment delivers more of the classic elements and hyper-intense action that fans have come to love, while moving the story of Max in a new direction.

"We're starting a new chapter of Max's life with this game," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "This is Max as we've never seen him before, a few years older, more world-weary and cynical than ever. We experience the downward spiral of his life after the events of Max Payne 2 and witness his last chance for salvation."

Since leaving the NYPD and New York itself behind, Max has drifted from bad to worse. Double-crossed and a long way from home, Max is now trapped in a city full of violence and bloodshed, using his weapons and instincts in a desperate search for the truth and a way out.

Max Payne 3 will be available in winter 2009 for Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3 and PC.

http://ir.take2games.com/releaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=372139

I don't really care about redemption as a plot driving force; maybe it's just because I don't think he's done anything that he'd require redemption for. The Max Payne games have always seemed to me to be more about him learning to live with himself than making up for the past. To an extent he seemed to be getting along just fine in the second game - apart from being a little crazy here and there - but then again can hold a man's insanity against him can we? (Since it's not a physical object and all. Razz ) It's probably just marketing blurb though. Give me my cynical dialogue and a good game and I'll be happy.

Heh, really been looking forwards to this for a while now. The first Max Payne game had some of the best narration ever written for a game; the second didn't quite live up to it but was still pretty good.

Squueeee ^_^
- Issa
Claen'tor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this is the point where I go rawr, and then realise I've never actually played Max Payne, despite any intentions to the contrary. D:

I'll get back to you on that one, as it is now on the forefront of my mind, thus itch must be poked with hot iron until properly seared under control.

Now Playing: Beck - Emergency Exit

This be Claen'tor, signing off.

I like to post my music. It's a habit. Be nice. ;_;

'People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.'
-Soren Kierkegaard

Dubbed Clan by Asa
Claen'tor = Claen = Clan
Nem

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll probably need to install it under XP and grab the patch if you don't get it through Steam; it's pretty awesome though even if the graphics are a bit dated by today's standards. (In a way I kinda like the graphical style more than the one knocking around today - there's not horrific amounts of bloom coming off of everything and there's no motion blur throwing your eye off.) Heh. Now I want to go play it again ^_^
- Issa
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: