FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Which side would YOU choose?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion
TDTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xD That's also a good point. At least Skogul was fairly kind, though.

But, yeah, both are whack-jobs.
Eee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding this whole matter, a thought has occured to me. .

As has been noted, neither side really came off very well in the battle over Willow (in her rush to get to Nanashi, Skogul shoved Willow out of her way instead of to a place of safety, Richard'attempted to kill Tengu, Nanashi apparetnly killed Richard, the way Belousus punished Skogul for disobeying, etc). But of course all that was academic because the Guard won the fight and drove the Mandragora off, leaving them in possession of Willow.

But what if the fight hadn't happened?

As implausible as that is, especially given Skogul's hatred for Nanashi and Nanashi's hatred of the Mandragora, if both sides had shown up and done nothing more than cock snooks at each other while explaining the situation to Williow (ie, opposite sides in a war, no neutral parties, she'd have to go with one or the other), I'm not sure what would have happened. Yes, the Guard would have explained about soulstones and Earthsong and Belousus and all that. But we know from Tristram that Belousus has a plausible story that makes him out to be the victim in this war, and I would imagine Skogul has heard it and could repeat it. Assuming neither side did anything to alienate Willow or enable her to tell who was lying, it might well come down to personalties.

Nanashi is NOT Miss Charm and Congeneality, while Skogul is capable of a kind of buff heartiness that might be difficult to ignore.

Ulkurz is creepy.

Tengu might be able to argue things logically and even winningly, if her sarcasm and tendancy to excess didn't work against her.

I wouldn't have thought Richard could have contributed much positive, but after finding out how close he was to Alyss and how much she looked up to him, I'm thinking I may have misjudged him.

It might all come down to K'Thonya. And how much her sympathetic nature could influence Willow just by talking to her. It might well be that she'd be able to persuade Willow to go with the Guard, after all.

THEN there might be a fight...
TDTC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's very thought out.

Except... Ulkurz is hot. Wait. LIES, LIES, YOU HEARD NOTHING FROM ME. I SAID NOTHING. *darts off*

Well, Willow might have been offended by the push, but she could have been shoving her to safety. She's not going to face forward and point her sword in front of her if the enemy was behind her. She put Willow behind her, which people normally think as being protective.

Nanashi is cold, Tengu is feisty, and K... well, I would assume her kindness would seem a lot faker than Skogul's. It's very rare that you find someone genuinely kind. Skogul seemed to have a hearty, protective kindness (see above).

However. Both sides have swords.

Bel's side would probably tell a lot more about their side rather than ES's. I mean, their story is pretty fake in some areas, but ES... well, if they give out too much information and Willow doesn't want to join it, it will be hell.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've met a few people as kind as K'Thonya, actually. It's rare, but not unheard of (and not always fake). Jus' sayin'.

If I were in Willow's position, I probably would have wound up going with Haven's Guard either way. Mostly it comes down to the way in which they fought. If you watch the fight, you'll notice that Haven's Guard tends to fight more defensively. Nanashi does attack, but when at rest her stance leans back into herself. She relaxes and allows attacks to come to her, while Skogul is hunched forward. Very aggressive.

In Tengu's case, she's a pixie, and that she can channel lightning (but did not kill Richard) either means she's not super-powerful, or she didn't WANT to kill him. Either way wins her bonus points over Richard, who appeared to have every intention of killing her quickly enough.

K'Thonya against Ulkurz, though? That would be the clincher. Ulkurz has the demeanor of a psychopathic pervert when he fights. Razz K'Thonya could have grabbed him with her hair and slammed him into a tree. Instead, she threw him. Granted she threw him at Skogul, but she threw him away, which shows a desire not to continue fighting. Further, when she threw him at Skogul (and within Nanashi's striking range), Nanashi waited for he and Skogul to clear the pending mess. She could have struck while one or both of them was distracted, and netted herself more kills, but she didn't.

Strictly from the way they fought, I would have confidence that the good guys had one. I would be highly cautious, but the choke-hold grasp of some unseen master wouldn't have given me a moment's pause when it came to going with Haven's Guard.

My only beef with Willow is that she's too timid. I would have gotten myself killed by now, I would have fought tooth and nail with all the Mandies...

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
TDTC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I know. I know quite a few nice people like that. =P

But, I see what you mean.

Wait... pervert? xD
devilman2045

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theBSDude wrote:
I remember that as one of the only things I didn't like about the Redux: Skogul is too threatening. I want to be fooled into thinking the bad guys are good guys, especially in this case, where the bad guys aren't neccessarily bad themselves.

I like to be tricked into believing that the bad guys are somehow the good guys too. Then it makes me wonder, what if the good guys really are the bad guys, and vice versa? I mean, we haven't really had to see what bellosus has had to say. Evertyhing from this point was fairly one sided.

And in the beggining,... if your side was dying, and you depended on all the new comers for help,... wouldn't you be a little pissed over them forcing a side on someone?

And before you begin,.... yeah, yeah,... she's been with the haven for a really long time now..... But Holy Muffin Bread,.... these guys are all combat oriented (including the other side), and have special mighty powers. Would you dare run away, and risk pissing them off?
TDTC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I was the only one that thought of that stuff!
Sasha Lupine

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was in Willow's position, I'm not sure who I would have gone with. Maybe the side who had won, because they were more dangerous (according to that fight), and I don't know how quickly they could get pissed.
You know, if Nanashi wasn't all power-playing with all her super powers, The Mandragoras might have won. If Richard hadn't become "dead", his powers would have been very helpful for Skogul. But, I wonder why they didn't give Willow a blind choice between the Guards and the Mandragora.

If I had a choice, I would have chosen the Mandragoras. I like people with wings.

Dubbed Harmon by Asa
Sasha Lupine = Sasha = Harmon, by way of friends.

Will respond to Sasha, Lupine, Lupe, or Cougy.

Keeper of Alyss's pout.
TDTC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True. She's a power playa.

Yes... love the wings...
devilman2045

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sasha Lupine wrote:
If I was in Willow's position, I'm not sure who I would have gone with. Maybe the side who had won, because they were more dangerous (according to that fight), and I don't know how quickly they could get pissed.
You know, if Nanashi wasn't all power-playing with all her super powers, The Mandragoras might have won. If Richard hadn't become "dead", his powers would have been very helpful for Skogul. But, I wonder why they didn't give Willow a blind choice between the Guards and the Mandragora.

If I had a choice, I would have chosen the Mandragoras. I like people with wings.

This is my overall point,.... we have yet to hear the other sides version. And the other side always has one. What is common between both is truth. What is not, is lies, and should be discarded.
Sasha Lupine

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This is my overall point,.... we have yet to hear the other sides version. And the other side always has one. What is common between both is truth. What is not, is lies, and should be discarded.

Mhm. We "think" Bel is evil, but what if he has a good point for trying to take over Earthsong (the planet).

Dubbed Harmon by Asa

Keeper of Alyss's pout.
TDTC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...We don't know that Earthsong sent her children out on purpose in order to be justified for killing Bel. Yes, I have always viewed Earthsong as EVIL. >___>
Sasha Lupine

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
...We don't know that Earthsong sent her children out on purpose in order to be justified for killing Bel. Yes, I have always viewed Earthsong as EVIL. >___>

~~~

Plus, Bel is just too awesome to be pure evil. Everyone/thing has some evil in them. ^^

Edit by Tinalles: made the quote a proper quote.

Dubbed Harmon by Asa

Keeper of Alyss's pout.
TDTC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn straight!
Miho

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go with whichever side paid for my college...
or gave me cookies... Chocolate chip oatmeal cookies...
I like cookies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: