FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Willow Theories!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion
Wren

Location: In my head, wondering how so many manage to step outside theirs.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reverse respectively (since that's not what 'irrespectively' means)
A) I said 'if.'
B) Yeah, I agree about the improbability, I just like playing Devil's advocate.

GENERATION 19: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
sinesdex

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tinalles wrote:
Basically, the same process that prevents aging while visiting Earthsong also suppresses their reproductive functions.

1) Interspecies breeding: not going to happen.
2) Characters arriving pregnant: would not give birth until they return to their home planet. Also, when asked about this, Lady said it's not going to happen, because she just doesn't want to introduce any pregnant characters.

As for Eves being born pregnant, there's been no suggestion that that's how Eves progenerate the species. And, given Lady's strong disinclination to introduce pregnancy into the story in any other way, I rather doubt that's how it works

1 - The lady actually commented upon this question in the cosmology discusion thread. Not impossible, simply highly unlikely. And, whille yes, in all probability it will not ever happen within the comicwerse, it is not explicitly stated as an impossibility. Thus your comment is knosked down upon the basis of reasonable doubt.
2 - Legaly and logically sound.
3 - (the text I've put under colour) I'll list axioms: a - eves are the first of any planet's (sentient) progeny.
b - they are literally refered to as mothers of races
c - planets create only eves, the rest of the race come from an eve
From this we can safely and logically conclude that there are no adams ( although it can be debatable in the cases of genderless spieces) to aid the eves in seeding the races. But, eves do produce the ofsprings - ergo - the most logical conclusion is that they are created already in the state of, as Tenshi put it B.O.B .

By this I do not indicate that I actually believe in the theory. I just like to pop other people's presumptious and condenscending bubbles. Very Happy
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eves are imbued with most of the powers of the planet. Who's to say they can't create children in the same manner they themselves were created, simply with lesser powers than they have?
sinesdex

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

really? Then I stand corrected. As soon as you provide direct quote from the Lady stating that.
I understood that eves had power based on the high concentration of their planet's element (so pretty powerfull in their own planet's specific power) not the toned town version of their parent's power.
I'm not saying you are wrong. Heck, ststistically speaking I have much higher chance of being wrong.
I'm just hesitant to take your word on the sole basis of: "as I say and understand".
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a lot of cases, you have to trust old regulars on some of these things until they come up in the comic (and we're aware that some of them might have changed since we learned them). We lost tens of thousands of posts in a forum crash a few months ago, and a lot of the corroborating evidence is only in our memories.
YatesOfYore
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logic is relative to your own point of view.

And don't hold out for many "direct quotations" from me. I just don't give'm out very often - especially not in this thread. I will only say that most of you probably don't realise how much you're filling in the gaps and are actually adding much of your own theories into what "I" have supposedly said or is in the comic - and that goes for newbs and regulars Wink. None of which I blame you for, but keep it in mind when you or anyone else start being so particular about what has or hasn't been said.

*recommences lurking*
Tenshi

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Lady Yates, ma'am! You forgot your evil laugh!

BTW, the closest we came to figuring out Willow's real story was that she was the daughter of a one-armed river boat gambler, or something like that.

Arr.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
lievie3vie

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in favor for the Eve theory, but there are some flaws, like the fact that ES doesn't recognise her. Altough ES really likes the colour of her Willow trees...
Yes, I know, not really original, but looking to say something that hasnt been said before is really tiring (Willow created herself! :p)

Some other things I wanted to point out:

Isn't it way more logical that Nanashi is a Siderian. I mean, she can use the powers of quite some energies, can touch element stones and use the Siderian swords.

Another thing, as the Gaian element is steel: that would mean that K'thonya's Gaian and not some creature that we call human, so the topic about human soulstone powers isn't right

Sorry bout the being that lazy that I just shove it in one post, but at least I know it's going to be read here.

P.S. I'm new :p
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, Nanashi's definitely human. She's just a little bit special due to the whole incident shown in book one. She's able to channel the Siderean energies (relatively) safely because of all that. The Sidera are stars...
Talps

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo, my first serious post on this forum!

I've lurked here a little before joining and read this thread. My original idea (that Willow was Earthsong's Eve created by her accidentally) was quickly blown out of the water, but I really like the idea of her being Earthsong's Eve created by Beluosus using element that escaped from her core.

I would like to bring something new to the table now I'm here, however. The three main points as I see them are:

- She has no remnant.
- No one recognises what she is.
- She touched Earthsong's Manifest Stone.

On the first point, this has been explained in the story, aka. Felucca's trauma theory, plus there are several other possible explanations in this thread. With so many possibilities, it can't really be used alone to form a debate.

The second point has been argued over a lot here, and loads of theories have been come up with. It seems to be widely accepted that
- She's a totally unique creature
- She was created recently
- She was created secretly or accidentally
These aren't necessarily correct, but they do seem likely and are generally accepted, though that doesn't mean the Lady isn't sitting at her computer somewhere, cackling maniacally at our naivety.
So maybe she was made by Sage, or Gaia, or the Siderean, or Beluosus, or some moon, or a one-armed river-boat gambler with too much time on his hands. Again with so many possiblities, I wouldn't want to base an argument on this point.

On the final point, the reason I understand as to why a normal visitor couldn't touch the Manifest Stone is because their own Soulstones are in conflicting resonance with the Manifest Stone.
So how can this occur? The only two possibilities I can see are...
- Either she has a Soulstone made of Earthsong's element.
- Or she doesn't have a Soulstone at all.
These would point particularly to the Eve theory, and would conflict with several other theories, such as her creation by another planet.

If people can point out any other explanations for how Willow touched the Manifest Stone, I would happily hear them Wink

Either way, if Beluosus did create Willow, I think we might find out about it very soon. (I just wish the Lady would stop procrastinating! Ok, we got the idea about the Mandragora being a creepy bunch o' dudes already! Just take us to their leader! Oh, the tension! Oh, the pain! *Dies operatically*)

Dubbed reversquee.
Talps = Splat reversed. Splat = Squee
YatesOfYore
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Procrastinating! PFFFT!

I am currently 5 pages ahead of the current page and am working my butt off to give you guys a giant page dump to reveal the secret!

Procrastinating.... PFFFT I say!

And I only cackle in my mind, which makes it all that more sinister. Twisted Evil
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah, don't page dump, keep your buffer. Then you have some flexibility =)
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thespaceinvader wrote:
Bah, don't page dump, keep your buffer. Then you have some flexibility =)

Ignore him!

And Talps, I think the only other reason she might be able to touch the manifest stone is if she had a soulstone of sideran element, like Nanashi.

Of course that doesn't help at all.
Talps

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's ok; you're building suspense. She gets kidnapped, we think we're finally gonna find out...
Then she ends up with Tristram... But she then gets taken to the Badlands... And locked in a cell.
Then she gets taken to a big cave... and has a long conversation with Morgan...
Then 'he's coming'!!! ...And we've started another conversation which I can forsee lasting at least two more weeks!

Oh, the pain!

(Argh, only been here three days and already off topic...)

Um, Willow is a multi-dimentional traveller who can only cross dimentions by erasing all her memories. Beluosus is actually another multi-dimentional traveler who came first to pave the way for the invation!!! Yeah!

Siderean Soulstone... Is such a thing possible? Nanashi doesn't have a Siderean Soulstone; she has lots of different stones.
I think...

Dubbed reversquee.
Talps = Splat reversed. Splat = Squee
Tyris

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talps wrote:
Ok, we got the idea about the Mandragora being a creepy bunch o' dudes already!
Actually, with Richard sent home, the creepy gals are equal in number to the creepy dudes... and that's if you count Bel himself.

Although, given that Morgan's shape appears to be one that's chosen... she could be a he if she wanted. Depending on whether it's only limited to making scary faces and some intangibility, or whether she's just a big purple cloud of gas.

"It's a sad thing when a man loses his cookie." - Nem
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: