FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

The Truth Behind Willow: Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion
YatesOfYore
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: The Truth Behind Willow: Discussion Reply with quote

For your nitpicking convenience, I've included my point by point "explanation" that appeared on June 29th, 2009 with the big reveal here as well.

(Note: If you haven't already read the comic up to this point, you really should NOT be here right now as this will give EVERYTHING AWAY.)

So... Willow is Earthsong’s Eve. What’s that you say? You knew all along? Well, of course you did. And here’s why:

~Appearance: 
The ends of their hair (or “hair” in Earthsong’s case) curls exactly the same way. Willow’s eye colour is the same as Earthsong’s manifest stone (vol.II, 71). She looks like a lavender skinned, white haired human (vol.II, 77) - Nanashi is Earthsong’s closest child, and Earthsong even modeled her manifest form after Gaia’s (see print edition character gallery) – it makes sense then that her Eve should look relatively human.

~ Able to touch the manifest stone: (vol.I, 69) If Willow had a soulstone of any other element the difference in the energy resonances of the two different element types should have seriously harmed her. Because she one, has no soulstone, and two, her blood, being an Eve, is composed entirely of Earthsong’s element, there was no conflict at all. (Nanashi can touch it because her soulstone is made of Siderian element, which is a composite of all the elements in existence. [See "About" page])

~ No memory of her “past”: She has no past to remember! Willow is about one month old. (vol.I, 50-51)

~ No record/remembrance of her species: (vol.I, 121) Self explanatory now.

~ Naturally recognises Earthsong’s native species: The griffin (vol.II, 63) and, to a lesser extent, the unicorn horn (vol.III, 25). If Zaebos had just kept showing her native species instead of dragging her off to the library to look at the bestiaries, he might have figured this out on his own.

~ Physical ineptitude: Throughout the story, Willow has demonstrated a lack of stamina and physical prowess. It could have just been the gigantic billowing skirt slowing her down, but it has more to do with being a brand new lifeform than anything else.

~Earthsong admits feeling a deeper connection with Willow: She doesn’t understand it at the time, but that’s the connection there. (vol III, 8 )

~ Willow can hear Earthsong's "voice" outside her telepathy range:
While Willow can't hear Earthsong's voice anywhere on her surface, she can hear it within a much greater range than the others. (vol.I, 40)

~Earthsong is crippled by the pain of Beluosus’ activated infection and suffers earthquakes: The concentration of an Eve’s element is second only to that of the Manifest Stone and since element is what makes up a planet’s being/consciousness, it was felt just as much by Earthsong as it was by Willow.

But all that hardly answers all your questions, I’m sure. Here’s a few of the things I figure you must be thinking right now:

Why can’t she remember being created? How was she created without Earthsong knowing? Why did they think she was just another soulstone carrier arriving? How does she already know how to speak/walk/etc? So what’s her power? Does she have a power?

And to all of this I can only say... in due time, patient reader, in due time. This last page has already given you a great deal of information, so I suggest you run with that. But, as always, I won’t be answering any questions about it Wink

(Also, if you can't remember what an Eve is, I suggest reading the "About" page and/or having another go over the Genesis chapter.)

Last edited by YatesOfYore on Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yet none of this is incompatible with my one-armed river boat gambler theory, as long as you ignore all the evidence flat out contradicting it.

And I assure you, like most of the human race, my powers of self-deception are honed to a keen edge. ^_^
Squeeself

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(In robot voice) EEEEVA! (Ah, Wall-e...how we love thee.)

*ahem*

That said, this is entirely expected honestly...The foreshadowing was well done Smile Well, except for the part about everyone finding out at the same time Wink
Tamir

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! My theories! Reduced to dust and ashes! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Wink

So, the reason I dismissed the Eve theory is because I couldn't understand how an Eve could be created by accident, and moreover, how Earthsong could think she was a soulstone bearer. So I guess that's what I have to speculate about now! ^_^
sinesdex

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, can't say that it was a surprise, as you have listed m'lady, the clues were quite plentifull and evident. The only shadow of doubt being cast was the: "have to have higher knowedge to create an eve" thing - as for that, well rules are meant to be broken.

So, might as well use this tread to further speculate.

I've thought about it long and hard, and with the confirmation of Willow's evehood, see no reason to hold my thoughts to myself anymore.

So, how was Willow created? Well, to know that we have to actually know a bit more about how were eves actually created in the first place. I see only tree wiable explanations:
1) The sideran thaught the elder planets.
2) The elder planets found out by experimentation
3) The elder planets stumbled upon the process by accident

#1 I shall disregard for now, because, frankly, it gives me nothing to go upon.

#2 is my personal favourite. It seams plausible to me, and I can even find an example in primates of Gaia, as a sort of a proof. It also means that there is no 'secret component' to making an eve. Every planet is fully capable of doing it with no outside assistence if it follows some kind of process. A process that I'm sure is convoluted and complicated to the extreme, so to ease it to their younger brothers and sisters, the elder planets took it upon themselves to instruct them. But, to follow a process, one does not actually have to be avare of it. It might take a mightily long time to complete (evident in the case of the Willow, if we accept this theory), and the results might not be what was actually intended, in the end, like it or not, you get the eve.

#3 mostly everything said for #2 is also applicable here
Tamir

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earthsong is an incredibly unique planet, so I guess it's not so surprising that things went wonky for her. Her accidental Eve creation might have something to do with all the children on her planet, with Bel, with the siderean element she's holding onto, or whatever else. Confused
Talps

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh come on!!! Bel said at the end of the last page, "This is wonderful... I thought I'd failed..."
Clearly thought he'd failed to create Earthsong's Eve when he'd attempted some time in the past!
We know Bel knew how to create an Eve cus long ago he created his own!

And he may have collected sufficient amounts of Earthsong's Element; as was suggested in the previous thread, his core crashing onto her planet could have created sufficient tectonic movement for a large enough amount of her element to escape. And he could simply have collected the tiny amounts that escaped naturally, like Gaia lost some of hers.

The question is why? What could this achieve him? Except the obvious current advantage of having some pretty impressive bait right there!

Dubbed reversquee.
Talps = Splat reversed. Splat = Squee
Tamir

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Bel was saying "I thought I failed to infect her soulstone, but now I see there's no soulstone to infect".

It's rather unclear if Bel could create Earthsong's Eve, and I doubt it. And if he could, wouldn't he have had her to begin with?
betsybookwyrm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, nicely done, Lady Yates!

I didn't see that one coming. I'd been slowly developing some strange theory involving the Sidera... it seems so unnecessarily complicated now.
bladebuster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OHFREAKINA! I did not expect that. What I had thought was that Willow was the child of a planet that had (somehow) learned of what was going on with Beluosus and his core being on Earthsongs moon. So in a way to help Earthsong made a child that could touch manafest stones. Thats what I thought anyways xD

Guess I just wanted another planet to back Earthsong up is all. haha.
YatesOfYore
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, the manic, yet silent, cackling begins! I already love this thread XD

Twisted Evil
bladebuster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyYates wrote:
Ah, the manic, yet silent, cackling begins! I already love this thread XD

Twisted Evil

haha You are a sick and demented person but we all love you so that's ok.
Sparrow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! I was not expecting such a heartpounding reveal! Wonderous! This is going to lead to so much delicious suspense, I think its well played in the story, Lady, its gotten me all excited about where on Earth(song, hehe) it could go from here.
Sasha Lupine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pages were good. I'm happy because my "Bel Created Willow" theory still has a slight chance (I hope)

Wonderfully done, Lady. I can't wait 'til Monday.

Dubbed Harmon by Asa
Sasha Lupine = Sasha = Harmon, by way of friends.

Will respond to Sasha, Lupine, Lupe, or Cougy.

Keeper of Alyss's pout.
Tinu.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if it's possible for Earthsong to have started creating her Eve, and then for the Eve to finish itself somehow?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: