FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Beluosus' children or: The evil plot bunny
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion
Asenath83

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Beluosus' children or: The evil plot bunny Reply with quote

I have been curious about this since Earthsong mentioned the mysterious destruction of Beluosus' world in "Genesis". What exactly happened to his children? Did any of them ever make it to Earthsong?
My guess is he "took care" of his soulstone problem himself - if he ever had it - but wouldn't that have caused false alarms for Earthsong BEFORE his world collapsed? Hmmm.

There is also a major, annoying plot bunny regarding this hopping around in my head and I am still arguing with myself whether to shoot and roast it or write it down. Gah, and I am not the biggest fanfiction fan.

Keeper of Zaebos' glasses.
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he pretty much destoyed them all, some did make it to Earthsong before Bel started to kill them, but they were probably returned.
And the false alarms were children from different worlds that he had intercepted before they could arrive on Earthsong.
Asenath83

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBritishInvasion wrote:
And the false alarms were children from different worlds that he had intercepted before they could arrive on Earthsong.

Yeah I know that, that's why I wondered whether he kept a low profile and let some of his children be transferred to Earthsong at first, even though he probably would have had serious pride issues with this.

What I meant to say is: IF he ever had any children with soulstones, preventing them from being transferred to Earthsong would probably have set off false alarms similar to the ones Earthsong had later.
That's why I think he may have let a few of them go before his world was destroyed.

Tamir

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or maybe he just murdered the children before the soulstones were fully formed?
YatesOfYore
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what a plot bunny is, but I can tell you that what happened to Beluosus' children is of consequence to the story and thus... I can't tell you.

XD

So feel free to speculate!
Asenath83

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Lady,

I guessed as much simply because it hasn't been revealed yet Razz.

Further info on plot bunnies

Tenshi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the council believed Bel's planet to be destroyed VERY shortly after the council meeting (which I can't remember offhand the exact length of time), as mentioned by ES during her narration to Willow, then children from Bel's planet showing up after that would be...er, awkward to say the least.

ES: "Wait...you're from where?"
Child: "Um...I...er....don't remember?"
ES: "Your planet was destroyed...?"
Child: "Yeeeeeah....hey, look, a purple tree!"

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo! Ooo! I know, I know!! Beluosus had lots and lots of children, but then he got bored with them, and sold them all into slavery before wandering off to conquer ES. They're all still out there -- some stocking exotic gladiatorial arenas on distant planets, some mining crystals in barren asteroid belts, and a great many slaving away in terrible misery in the top-secret sweatshops maintained at the North Pole of Gaia by Santa Claus Incorporated. And you thought it was elves - ha! The elves are just the overseers, viciously beating any Beluosan who fails to meet quota.

^_^
Asenath83

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Tinalles: lol!

@Tenshi: You are referring to this page I guess. I saw that, but if a planet uses the words "long" and "soon" this could probably be anything between a few weeks and a few thousand years. Cool

If we look at the history of our planet, we certainly have not been here "for long" either. What was that comparison? Something between 1 to 5 seconds if Earth had developed up to the current state in one hour?

Tamir

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. If all of Bel's children had died, that wouldn't be of much consequence to the story, so they probably survived. Assuming they survived, what are they doing now? Bel can't bend them to his will if they don't have soulstones, can he? So maybe once they got to Earthsong, they ran away and hid in caves. To keep busy, they've learned to make clothes, which they do for all the inhabitants of Earthsong. Very Happy And we've never seen any of Bel's children - maybe they look like gnomes!
Asenath83

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamir wrote:
Hmm. If all of Bel's children had died, that wouldn't be of much consequence to the story, so they probably survived. Assuming they survived, what are they doing now?

That's the story the evil plot bunny keeps telling me to write.

Tamir

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there's definitely potential there. I see two options: Bel's children remained on the old core, or they came to Earthsong. If they stayed, they can affect the plot by being called to Earthsong themselves. (Cue theories of Willow being such a child.) If they came, they could be serving under Bel (but at the same time, they aren't main characters!), or perhaps are free agents (unlikely, I think), or Willow is one of them regardless. Hmm. *pokes possibilities*
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC they all died when bel split his core. At least in the original. Can't remember the extent to which it was mentioned in the redux.
Lithrath

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamir wrote:
...To keep busy, they've learned to make clothes, which they do for all the inhabitants of Earthsong. Very Happy And we've never seen any of Bel's children - maybe they look like gnomes!

So Bel's children are skilled fashionistas? Maybe that's why Bel makes me think of Calvin Klein...

vs

Spiked hair, blue eyes, spotty skin, aura of creepiness. Yep, I totally see the similarities. XD

More on topic: What are your thoughts concerning Bel's changed appearance from council to ES invasion? Could the predicament of his children have affected this?

Personally I think the mass child death, destruction of his surface and the pollution of other planets' elements may have worked in conjunction to give him his chainsmoker makeover.

Last edited by Lithrath on Fri May 16, 2008 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.... AAAAnd, Lithrath wins an Internet! XD
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: