FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Krislyn/Ponce (In Memory)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Nem

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people seem to approach life with this sort of destructive apathy - don't rock the boat, don't fight for things. Ponce acted.

Miss you Ponce. Hope you're in a happy place.
- Issa
Miho

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm.. I don't know what to say. Even if I've never met any of you I still consider all of you friends in my here, "real" life and ponce was no different and it's never a great feeling knowing that you can't ever talk to a friend again. My condolences to her family and all her friends, this includes you all. I will for sure miss her, she always made everything here on this forum very lively, that's a fact.
Claen'tor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just a little bit in shock here, and at a loss for words.

...I was always hoping I'd get a chance to visit her animal rescue farm someday.

This be Claen'tor, signing off.

I like to post my music. It's a habit. Be nice. ;_;

'People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.'
-Soren Kierkegaard

Dubbed Clan by Asa
Claen'tor = Claen = Clan
Tenshi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I've been absent lately..

There was the question posed of "how". It's not a glamorous thing, honestly. Kris was ill, that we all knew. Eventually it was too much, and she... well, I guess you could say she "lost her fight with the disease", but that always seems so silly. It's what happened, though. In the end, it was the Lupus and Lyme disease.

I'm trying to write something for the book, I'll add it as soon as I can. The words, they just don't come out.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Tamir

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard about her passing away last night. Today I attended a funeral of a woman I had never met, and thought of Krislyn. I'm glad I could have that, not being able to attend the real funeral.

Krislyn inspired me, and others, to act in the name of what's right. And she worked hard to help all of those around her, human and animal. There are few greater praises I could give. The world could use a few more people like her.
Tenshi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone! The memory album is complete, barring any last minute adjustments that anyone wants made. So, now it should be available to anyone who wants a physical copy to keep for themselves.

In regards to physical copies, the prices should be as follows:

For Softcover: Base Price per Unit: $10.8
For Hardcover: Base Price per Unit: $24.4

Now, they offer a bulk discount if you buy 15 copies of the books. If there's any interest in that discount (which is 10%), then we could organize a bulk purchase and then distribute from there. Not sure if that would save, after shipping costs, or not... but if it puts more copies into more hands, I'd be happy to help cover shipping costs! Flat rate boxes are nice and cheap, after all.

Myself, I plan on purchasing three or four hardcover copies.

If there are no further adjustments, we'll move on to the printing/purchasing phase of the book.

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add: you can make your own adjustments, using the login information I posted earlier, or send the details to me and I'll do it. For example, if you want a picture on your page, or a different format, send me the picture and the details.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did a wonderful job on the memory album and I definatly want a hardback copy.
RoseBlood

Location: Gallifrey. . . (Before the Time Wars. Duh- I time- traveled to get here.)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. just, wow.

i haven't been on in forever, but i can say that i didn't expect to return to this. ponce was awesome. kind, humble, generous, intelligent. she was even really pretty.

i decided it was time i posted a formal farewell, but then i was met with this thread. i'm not sure what to say; i can only say that though i didn't know her very well, but i'll miss her terribly.

my farewell,
a few years ago, you heard me complain that i was the youngest one on the forum and requested help with math homework. i am now preparing for college and all its endeavors. i wish the best of luck to all of you in your life, and Ponce in whatever awaits her. Merry met, merry part, and merry meet again. blessed be, all ♥.
'I want you, bleeders......'