FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

The Truth Behind Willow: Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion
Tamir

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're there, they're just covered by fur. ^_^
Requiem

Location: The darkest corner of the cosmos... A.k.a. The Library

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Le Gasp!
Or maybe, just maybe, she has piercings elswhere on her body. lol, I could just see Neuria with a belly ring. She's already got neumerous piercings in her ears, why not elsewhere?

lol @ popcorn power. She'd be great at parties and Felucca would love her even more. Kinda like how Zaebos would be handy on a camping trip. Marshmellows anyone? Very Happy
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I recall correctly, the augment stones aren't jewelry - they're actually part of the person. Embedded in the skin, so to speak. I don't know whether I'm wrong or not, but I'm pretty sure it's not just jewelry.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Tyris

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*blink*
Don't know where you got that from.

"It's a sad thing when a man loses his cookie." - Nem
Requiem

Location: The darkest corner of the cosmos... A.k.a. The Library

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The crazy Kaleidoscope of my sleep deprived brain i'm sad to say. Me + 3 hours sleep + cold medication apparently = posting the first crazy thing that comes into my head.

Embarassed Sorry about that.

@Asa: Really? The way they looked in the comic, they appeared to be attached to various forms of accessories. Gwen's got one each on her temples and it looks like they have settings. And both K'Thonya and Nanashi have them on thier bracers. They don't appear to be attached to the skin, more they are set into various forms of clothing/armour.
YatesOfYore
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're not a part of the person - they're like jewelry, really. Maybe it'd be neater if they were grown out of the skin, but 'tis not so Wink
Nem

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh, that'd itch so much. Jewels growing out of your skin that is. I mean think what it's like when you've got an itchy spot. ^_^
- Issa
Wren

Location: In my head, wondering how so many manage to step outside theirs.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or they could be like fingernails.

GENERATION 19: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
MeltedGhost

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sinesdex wrote:
Tamir wrote:
I don't think Willow needs augment stones, being an Eve and all. =o Not sure, though.

I personaly think it'd be daft for an eve to have any need for an augment stone.
Hmm, anyone thought that making earthquakes was actually Willow's power, and not a reaction of ES to her (Willow's) pain?

I believe that is possible and probably likely mostly based on these 2 pages

http://www.earthsongsaga.com/vol3/30.html based on him getting impatient because nothing is happening I believe he was expecting her power to manifest itself
http://www.earthsongsaga.com/vol3/31.html based on their denial that ES caused the earthquake (atleast I believe that is what they were saying)

I have no clue why noone responded to this post though so I may be way off and will admit I am new here (only read it a few times and yay first post)

Edit: almost missed a page where ES used a similar power as a basis though all planets probably can do this http://www.earthsongsaga.com/vol1/72.html

and this is completely without basis and probably wrong but maybe being infected produced a change and now she is able to cleanse taint or magic
that or her ability may be to dispel any magic that she has encountered before?
robinwing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had a thought. Couldn't Willow's power be illusionary? Like what Earthsong did very early on in the comic. I came up with this just randomly, but if it's correct, that's one heck of a chekhov's gun!

I plan to one day go to an anime con not in cosplay, but dressed as a musketeer.
Deadhorse3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean like telepathy?
Wren

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Telepathy (in ES, at the very least) is communicating mind-to-mind--human soulstone power, it's how Nanashi chats with ES. Illusions would be forcing an image onto another person/other people. Little different.

GENERATION 19: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Deadhorse3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I meant was I saw the thing Earthsong did early in the comic as a sort of telepathy thing but with images, like cuasing a hallucination, and that an illusion would be more like a puppet show. Which would explain why Earthsong had to poke Willow in the head to do it. I read a lot of x-men and that seems like the type of things telepathic characters can do.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the thing Marvel telepaths would do. Not necessarily all telepaths. And yes, I'm kind of playing devil's advocate here, for the sake of argument. You're basing this on the Xmen, which is a pretty specific universe. There are a lot of other options out there.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Wren

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe ES needed to poke her because the body was essentially a manifestation, and Willow would have the power without needing the physical poke. Or maybe the poke was a gentler or something, and needed to show specific images, and she could show flashes--and (temporarily) blind people--without contact.

Or it's something else entirely. *shrug*

EDIT:Hm. I'm suddenly thinking of Willow as Aurora (sleeping beauty, for those of you who don't know your Disney canon).

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: