FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Asa's Photos
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Tinu.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I said "could." Sometimes, it depends on whom you're talking to.

. . . 1mm? O_________________O

I am so jealous right now.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I KNOW. That's almost the entire reason I bought the camera. Disregard the wasteful use of 4 AA batteries, the dangerous recharging unit, the unintuitive menu controls. 1mm super-macro. *rejoice*

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Tinu.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man. My parents' camera has a macro lens, but it's film; and film, I have learned, is an expensive hobby. Though being able to so smoothly control aperture and shutter speed is quite a high.

I need to look into getting a DSLR, but they're so expensive! The lenses are worse, if anything. Though I hear you can buy old manual lenses and use them on a digital camera via an adapter.

Point: I am jealous of your camera lens, as well as of the amazing tree.
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, Usa said the same thing about the tree.

This is a DSLR, but I think it's on the low end of the spectrum. The specifics should be listed on the dA page of any of the photos I've taken with it, if you're interested. Mine doesn't convert to manual lenses, for example, but it's got 26x zoom and that supermacro. For the macro I let the autofocus do it's job, but adjust the angle of the camera to get different areas of focus. The camera would let me adjust for all settings manually, but I'm not proficient enough with manual settings to make it work reliably. So I stay on Program mode. Perhaps cheating. At some point I'll get adventurous and move to the A or S settings... some day, some day.

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Tinu.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there aren't many neat trees in my area. They're all pretty uniform and boring.

Hmm, no, it's not a DSLR. It's a limbo camera. They're not point-and-shoot cameras, but they're not DSLRs, either. They're in between. They can do a lot of things DSLRs can, but not as well; and some things, like DOF, tend to suffer. I have one of these--though mine is a Nikon.

Yours is a lot newer than mine, too, if I'm reading Amazon correctly.

Program mode isn't cheating--lots of people use program mode. It can be useful, if you don't feel ready to use manual settings. Take your time, and go at your own pace.

It's a good camera to learn the rudiments of manual settings on, though. =)
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures! I like the photos of the flowers especially the rose, that red is particular.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Nature Photography Reply with quote

Increasingly the public is becoming suspicious of good photography. Anything that is outstanding or unusual is now assumed to have been altered or manipulated using computer software. In many cases, it probably has. Unfortunately, this suspicion gives little credit to the traditional photographer (and there are still plenty of us out there) who prefer to do the creative work in the field, before they press the shutter, and reproduce what was captured on the day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Arts 'n Crafts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: