FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Current Page Discussion: Vol. III, Chapter VIII ~ Eve
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion
PurpleCactusPlant

Location: 2010 Olympics (Please enjoy them, b/c I am paying for them).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know whats impressive? Surviving the second ice age of East Canada (not to mention the holidays) and still resuming regular update schedule.

(Also impressive? Remembering your own forum password on the first try 3 years after you last used it.)
YatesOfYore
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am impressive AND impressed! (by that password thing)

Sorry I've neglected the forum for the past while. Been busy trying to catch up with a lot of things.

Daestellen is essentially a pseudo-mashup of the Latin words for God and Star. Yes, I know it's technically deus, not dae, but I wasn't going for 100% accuracy as it's just a name.

Anyhow, he and Quelyn obviously had a rather high opinion of themselves! Wink

All the element he has is back into a single smaller core - he collected himself back up after the explosion Quelyn caused.

Good question about the Sidera mind-hive issue. I would bet that he has NOT quite thought that through well enough OR thinks he could resist it. Nanashi's already shown that you don't automatically become a Sidera worker bee when you're (partially) converted though.

Thanks very much for all the compliments everyone! I look forward to making Asa cry with the last page of this volume. Maybe a few of you actually ... Twisted Evil

MWAHAHAHAHA
Maeniel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YatesOfYore wrote:
I look forward to making Asa cry with the last page of this volume. Maybe a few of you actually ... Twisted Evil

MWAHAHAHAHA

K'THONYAAAAAAA Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Maeniel on Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? Why will I cry? What are you doing that would make me cry?!

Also, I am totally unsurprised by Tehmel's actions.

Also, perhaps no redux (tridux?) but oh, the possibilities for AU fanfiction!

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Anjirika

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta say, I am loving this twist with Willow. To see her so wicked awesome like she has been? Well it is amazing. I still feel like Bel is going to come back badder than before, but at least now it's more of a fair fight

*worries* Why do Mondays always seem so far away?
Maeniel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1/27/2014

YatesOfYore wrote:
Good question about the Sidera mind-hive issue. I would bet that he has NOT quite thought that through well enough OR thinks he could resist it. Nanashi's already shown that you don't automatically become a Sidera worker bee when you're (partially) converted though.

Hive-mind Nanashi makes her debut!! Shocked
Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how even Willow's hair is limp in the last panel.

And, somehow I missed an update or two. Oops.

Also, I love the new dress. More drapey folds for you to keep track of!

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
Allicat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd February 2014

This page is swift! It seems we have upped the pace a bit now Fel's in charge. Also, I am quietly relieved to see K'thonya on her feet, shaky as they may be.

I LOVE that Kidlet I is a science nerd ^_^ and I also love that his Mom is cool enough to design wicked-awesome invites. My favourite birthday when I was a littley was the alien party my folks threw me. Costumes, specific alien games and 'alien food' made for a good time!

Keeper of the fallen leaves. 'Cos they're still pretty.
YatesOfYore
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a fan of drapey folds! Seriously, billowing fabric is the most fun to draw.

Alien parties sound awesome! I love a good themed party ^_^ Glad you liked the invites! I don't think Kidlet#1 quite understood them, as he hasn't had much experience with "real" science, ie methodology, etc. But the parents all thought they were funny!

Heh. ^_^;
Asa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the best birthday party - one where the parents don't sit around bored.

Oooh, puffy sleeves! I don't think I noticed that before. And is K'thonya's hair different, or is it just because of the angle?

Asa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh, look, her hair is down! Though she's still in uniform. ...Still in uniform minus surcoat. Now I KNOW the vambraces are magical - if they're comfortable to wear even in bed, they can't be natural.

Possibly courses of action:
~ exile Willow (though where?)
~ search for a new host planet

Either way, we're fast approaching a new story arc! ^_^

ashleythedragon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willow trimmed her hair but I wish she would cut it short, she would look so cute with a curly bob. Baby steps I suppose, that's how it went for me. At first it starts as a tear stained evening in front of your vanity, cutting your hair as the weight of the universe crushes you. A tasteful above the shoulder look to symbolize how you are just barely overcoming these new obstacles. Then when you dramatically ready yourself for battle you realize you spend more time putting it up like Nanashi than actually fighting. That's when you know it is time for a bob! Now warring a battle against forces that decide the fates of galaxies isn't impeded by your lushes locks. Oh but the time it takes for this much hair to dry! Think of how much more world-saving action you could be doing if you didn't have to wait for it to be presentable!! Better then to just trim it into a pixie, one quick rub with a towel and you are good to go.

This is my dream for the future of Willow's hair. It is a false dream but one I shall hold now like the plebeian cad I am.
Asa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nooo, her lovely hair! I'm glad she didn't chop it all off. I got so scared. All right, Lady, you win, you do know me that well.

I beg to differ, Ash! Long hair is MUCH easier to deal with than short - you don't need to cover it in product to make it look nice, and putting long hair up in a braid or a bun is simpler than doing the same to short hair - I can put my hair (waist-length) up in a bun like Nanashi's in less than a minute, with four pins or less. You don't need to wait for it to be totally dry before you do anything to it. You don't need to get it cut every three weeks to maintain the style - I cut mine only twice a year!

Also, in battle short hair would forever be getting in your eyes or dripping sweat down your face - long hair can be tied back off your face and off your neck.

Bottom line, the shorter it is the more effort goes into it, unless you live in a fantasy world where hair never changes.

And thus we take one step closer to the nightmare!

Asa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurray, new volume! It's been so long! Earthsong's face looks subtly different - more angular in the cheekbones, maybe? I don't remember her being able to make glowing balls of light before, either, so that's new. Also, are the stars purple because Art, or is it significant to the upcoming arc?

*rubs hands in glee* I can't wait!

Cherynic

Location: Wandering the corridors of my mind... something ate the breadcrumbs.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the circular background behind Earthsong, feminine and mysterious. Smile

Keeper of Nanashi
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105  Next
Page 102 of 105

Jump to: