FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Leah Gregory's background

Asa

Location: Grammar Police HQ. Watch your language, I'm armed with the NYTimes Style Book AND Strunk and White!

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Leah Gregory's background Reply with quote

The first half of my RPG character's background.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leah Gregory was born in Boston in 1897, the only child of wealthy parents. She was a quiet child by nature, and not given to excess of vice, so her parents felt secure in indulging her occasional whim. One such was when she was ten years old and read the story of Rapunzel of the first time. She was struck by the tragedy wrought by the evil witch, and she vowed to grow her hair as long as Rapunzel’s as a tribute to the tragic heroine. Her mother laughed and agreed on one condition – it was her responsibility alone. Leah’s grandmother taught her how to care for and braid her lustrous brown locks, and Leah set to with a will.

Mrs. Sarah Johnson, Leah’s grandmother, had been the head of the nursing school at the local hospital for many years, and saw women in her home on the side. Her daughter Miriam grew up on female medical prowess, and followed in her mother’s footsteps. She became as a nurse in Sarah’s school and then the hospital for nearly ten years, completely absorbed in her work and vocation. In 1889, the world turned upside down. The aliens arrived, bringing with them radical changes and technological improvements across all aspects of life. In every profession the elitists were struggling to adapt, walls against all manner of people were coming down, and in the medical field, women were battering at the doors to claim their rightful due – an equal standing with men.

TBC

Keeper of the Library and the Gateway to Haven

Nem: "It's the sort of face you just know is getting ready to poke you with something sharp."
BS: "...then insist you eat a brownie."
And Robin shall restore amends.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Written Word All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: