FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Earthsong RPG
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's
YatesOfYore
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! I'm glad to see this is of interest to mah forum peeps. Sorry about the bad timing, Vi. You'll just have to settle for learning how to save the human race from disease and itself. Wink

I've been brainstorming all day about plots and such Twisted Evil
Ravenna

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOOOO, Vi! I'll be a beserker character in your RPGing memory. Sad

LadyYates (GM)
Tamir
Sunshine
Tenshi
Its_Chris_The_Dude
thespaceinvader
theBSDude
JackAce
Maeniel
Tinalles
Ravenna
Nem

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coolio

LadyYates (GM)
Tamir
Sunshine
Tenshi
Its_Chris_The_Dude
thespaceinvader
theBSDude
JackAce
Maeniel
Tinalles
Ravenna
Nem
- Issa
Its_Chris_The_Dude

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theBSDude wrote:
@Lope: Chan too, I'll bet.
Actually, I was talking about the internet text-writing roleplay. But I do admit that I really absolutely love the polyhedral-chucking variety. (Speaking of which, none of you would know any D&D'ers in the Corvallis, OR, area, would you? >_>)
theBSDude

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, I only know like five in my own town. And two of them are brothers.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
Its_Chris_The_Dude

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theBSDude wrote:
Dude, I only know like five in my own town. And two of them are brothers.
Yeah, it sucks. It's so hard to find anyone who plays, lol.
electricpanda

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every RPG I've been in has a tendancy to die really quickly T_T I hope this one doesn't.

Also, I'd prefer it to be after NaNoWriMo? A couple of others are participating too, so maybe we could start late November and the NaNoWriMo-ers could join in when they're done?

LadyYates (GM)
Tamir
Sunshine
Tenshi
Its_Chris_The_Dude
thespaceinvader
theBSDude
JackAce
Maeniel
Tinalles
Ravenna
Nem
Panda
JackAce

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricpanda wrote:
Also, I'd prefer it to be after NaNoWriMo? A couple of others are participating too, so maybe we could start late November and the NaNoWriMo-ers could join in when they're done?

The list of players is getting rather long-ish, so I guess it'd be utopic to try and have them all participating in the same mission at the same time anyway.

It might be best to split the group into several smaller teams (the composition of which could change from mission to mission) and send each team out on a separate mission.

This way, delays in one team would not affect anyone outside the team. And if someone is completely unavailable for a while, he can just stay in the haven and not participate in any missions...

Please click on my Eggs and Hatchlings.
Its_Chris_The_Dude

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm. I'm just curious, actually. Exactly how would we do this? Would we start the RPG off from where Willow arrives, with all the same characters that are in the comic? Or would we do some kind of alternate reality kind of thing, with all of us making completely new characters?

I think both ways have advantages. For the first way, Willow and Nanaki have a very important role to play in this story, and might be good to have around. However, in general I really prefer to play a character that I can really call my own. I avoid playing characters that have already been made by someone else, because I always feel that I'm just "subbing in", rather than doing things on my own, because I always have to think of "How would so-and-so control this character?".

Maybe a mix of both would be good, in my opinion. Have a willow-like character and a nanaki-like character, but other than that leave it pretty much open to make new people? That's what I would like to see.

And I know it sounds selfish, but I'd rather have this started as soon as possible, rather than waiting.
Maeniel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the create-your-own character thing. It'd be interesting to see how creative we can get. Smile We don't necessarily need to eliminate canon characters; they can easily be NPCs doing whatever they need to do in the regular comic.

As far as starting sooner/later, it really doesn't matter. The beauty of this universe is that people can come and go as they please (within an arc, of course).
sunshine

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as how this is Lady's first foray into GMing, and the idea has only just been sprung to even do this in the first place, I'd say there's a lot to figure out before this venture will be good and ready for us to go ahead with.

All the same, I agree with Chan that a mix of current canon and characters, and an entirely new set that we can really call our own, would be best. Personally, I think it would be a great idea to have this game be set up as a side-story of sorts, telling the tales of what's happening to all the other members of the guard while the primary group is going through their main adventure in the comic.

That way it can be set up as a series of vignettes even, which might be easier to handle given the number of interested people plus it doesn't matter quite so much if the timelines deviate from one another.

My deviantART page

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
theBSDude

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunshine wrote:
All the same, I agree with Chan that a mix of current canon and characters, and an entirely new set that we can really call our own, would be best. Personally, I think it would be a great idea to have this game be set up as a side-story of sorts, telling the tales of what's happening to all the other members of the guard while the primary group is going through their main adventure in the comic.

That way it can be set up as a series of vignettes even, which might be easier to handle given the number of interested people plus it doesn't matter quite so much if the timelines deviate from one another.

That's pretty much exactly what I was thinking.

Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

JackAce

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't find the page right now, but wasn't it mentioned somewhere in the comic that the Haven is not the Earthsong's only stronghold.

Our characters could very well be manning one of those other outposts. Occasionally some of us will probably have reason to travel to the Haven, and when that happens, all (or at least most of) the characters from the comic will be there, going about their business...

Please click on my Eggs and Hatchlings.
YatesOfYore
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... well this is looking to be a pretty large group already, so perhaps we should cap the participants as is - and I have to admit... I don't really want to wait until late November (sorry Panda!)

And this will definitely be done with non-canon characters - It's going to be with another group of the guard (meaning you can create whatever characters you like). Once we get all settled I'll go into how it's all going to play out.
theBSDude

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like possible races, right?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Serious RPG's All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: