FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Current Page Discussion: Vol. III, Chapter VII ~ Revelation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion
MC_Scribbles

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do I get this foreboding feeling that Willow's gonna turn into a unicorn?
Tamir

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I'm not slowing down the site by being a refreshmonkey hours before it matters. XD
Tinu.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Refreshes page* I keep hoping The Lady will take pity on us and post early. Almoooost there!

. . . Why do I think that this thread is going to explode the minute that page is up?
Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, it won't explode. It's a very stable thread. Really!

*surreptitiously checks the camouflage over the TNT to make sure the thread detonator hasn't been discovered*
crazedartist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emerge from lurkerdom to squee excitedly in anticipation of update!!

Also, LadyYates, if you want an easy way to show that the infection is coming out of him without tediously re-paneling the page, you could have the mist beginning around his nostrils in panel one there. And if you think it needs more than that, have the last of it going in as Willow is "..."
YatesOfYore
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually thinking of doing just that in panel one... but around his manifest stone. He doesn't actually have any nostrils. Wink

I'm gonna post it sooooooooooooon... Twisted Evil
Tinu.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm writhing in the agony of waiting. o_o
Lady! Have mercy on us poor souls!!

Edit: Major squee-age occurring. I KNEW it. Or thought about it seriously anyways, and then thought "Nah, that's too easy!" I think about things too much. It's funny, it seems like I've spent the entire four years I've been reading the comic wondering and straining my brain about the Willow Problem, and now that we know, what happens now? The suspense has yet to end . . .

Excellent work Lady!!
sythiar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I can't say that the notion of Willow being Earthsong's Eve didn't cross my mind. It was kind of the same with me as it was with Tinu. I thought it could be true, but then again dismissed the theory as something too simple.
It does make sense wonderfully though, and I like it that it turned out that way.

Oh, I have one question here: on page two Nanashi says: "I thought Earthsong didn't - she doesn't." What does she mean by that?

Thank you so much for posting all of this! I could go fan-squee all day now! *hugs and squishes the Lady*

PS: Did anyone else notice that K'thonya is caught by Zaebos on page two? So cute! Smile
thepeer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a strong sense this was where we were headed, but I am no less thrilled by the actual revelation. Even so, it's as the wonderful author says. I may have guess this far, but THIS is not the end.

This is only the beginning, and I eagerly await the next phase of the story. <3
Tinalles
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sythiar wrote:
Oh, I have one question here: on page two Nanashi says: "I thought Earthsong didn't - she doesn't." What does she mean by that?

Earthsong is in conscious control of the plates forming her crust. As a result, she never has earthquakes. So a fuller version would read "I thought Earthsong didn't have earthquakes" -- "She doesn't!"
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what to say, after three years of waiting, it's here and it did not disapoint. Well done M'Lady you're a storytelling genius.
Tamir

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the answer I was hoping for, but awesome reveal nonetheless. ^_^ I do wonder why you gave us the three pages all at once... the secret doesn't come out until the third, so you could have tortured us some more. I guess you're too nice for that. =)

Loving the upside-down panel of Willow. So well done. And Bel in the last panel is so saying "ehhhhhhhxcellent". x)

Random wonderings: is Earthsong's "skin" darker? It certainly seems that way. What has Bel done??
YatesOfYore
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to do the three pages at once because I figured as soon as anyone saw that Earthsong was having an earthquake that it would be all too easy to figure out that Willow's her Eve. (I didn't want to endure three weeks of emails of people bragging that they knew before I told them they were right Wink )

I'm glad the revelation hasn't disappointed anyone... yet. Yes, perhaps a little obvious, but I WAS trying to lead you to that conclusion yourselves anyhow Wink
crazedartist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, it's only obvious because we've had a long time to overanalyze it. A new reader racing through the archives or someone reading a book of the comic wouldn't be pondering it constantly and comparing notes with others. Smile

Yeah, I know Bel doesn't have nostrils, but I meant the general vicinity since we see it coming off of his face in the next panel.

But anyway! Great climax! Very Happy Poor Willow... I hope Tristykins feels awful. Very Happy

And now I wonder of course, does the infection give Bel control of some kind over Willow? I don't have a good understanding of what the infection is, what it normally does, etc.
Tinu.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering that too. Can Bel have some sort of control over Earthsong through Willow? In the least he has an excellent bargaining chip.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Plot, Character, and Current Page Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 32 of 33

Jump to: