FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

Not sure if this is the right place for it...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Discussion
horsin'around

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Not sure if this is the right place for it... Reply with quote

Hello everyone. My name is Alex, and as I said before, I am not entirely sure as to where this thread should go. I do not know if my sister has mentioned me at all (and I devoutly hope she hasn’t! No need for my reputation to precede me.) but I’m Krislyn’s twin brother. Again, I have absolutely no clue what you call her here on this forum. ‘Horsin’around’ seems rather unwieldy for every-day use, but I presume that she has no problem with me mentioning her real name. Krislyn is a suitably common name.

Unfortunately, Krissy has suffered a severe relapse of Lupus. It was pretty sudden, really, just this morning. She looked bad and felt bad, so we took her to the hospital. Doctors are a bit worried but they said, “Nothing that should represent a serious problem.”

A week or so ago, she had it pretty bad; stuck in bed, that is. She’s pretty tough and refuses to let Jon, her partner-in-crime, so to speak, do all the work. And now she’s had a horrid relapse, most likely due to her pig-headedness and sheer boredom at being cooped up all day. Yup, Captain Gung-ho.

But then again, that is Kriss. She’s in the hospital now, and bored silly. I, being the responsible one, have forbade her the use of her laptop, since then she’ll never get any rest, but she asked me to convey her irate apologies to everyone. She probably won’t be on the radar until she a) escapes the hospital. Or b) convinces yours truly to allow her to have the laptop. With any luck, neither of these things will happen any time soon. Unless, of course, the reason she has been released from the hospital is due to a miraculously swift recovery.

Hopefully, she’ll recover soon and get back to farm life, which she misses with particular poignancy when she is trapped in a boring room without even a dog or cat. Ah well. Worst relapse she’s had in awhile, but I’m confident she’ll get better. She’s too stubborn to die quite yet. I am seriously considering sneaking in her cats, Kio and Ritzy, for company. It’s an idea…

Regards,

~Alex

If you fight for your limitations, you get to keep them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ponce
Violabelle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for letting us know! Feel better soon, Ponce, I know the hospital isn't any fun. Sad

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, thanks for telling us. I know Ponce was going insane just a while ago - I can't imagine how she's feeling now.

We love you Ponce, get better soon!
Dark Mirf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleh, Lupus is no fun! My friend's sister has it. Hope you'll feel better soon Ponce!
Spindrifter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*waves to Alex, hopes Ponce will be better soon.*

And you better let her have a computer at some point. Your sister seems the kind of person who swells up and explodes from frustration and boredom, and that just wouldn't be pretty.

Very Happy
Tenshi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex, I don't know if you're still checking in on this post for your sister, but if you are please let her know that all of us here on the forums will keep her in our thoughts and prayers.

And on a bit more personal note, let her know that Matthew is asking she rest and get better. No matter how infuriatingly boring it may be, she needs to rest and regain her strength.

Maybe if she hears it from enough people, she might consider believing it for a moment...

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
Feaelen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for letting us know Alex, if you're still checking tell Ponce to listen to her body and kick up her heels and relax for a bit. Everyone needs a vacation even if it's not the one they choose.

I'll be sure to keep happy strengthening thoughts heading her way Very Happy

Apparently I missed finding the new keepership thread and thus missed out on what i was origionaly keeper of [Willow's Journal and K'Thonya's new made sword [old itteration of Earthsong's archive]]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
CBB

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baaaaw...sorry to hear about that. Chin up, Ponce! Boredom has led to incredible discoveries, like physics! Watch apples fall and see what you come up with! Get well, soon!

Psychosomatic! That boy needs therapy...
Ya que estamos en el baile, ¡bailemos!

Keeper of Earthsong's Wispy Wooshy Memory Ball
Keeper of the Dragon Planet
Tamir

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh....thanks, Alex. o_o Send Ponce a hug for me, will you? Or two or three....*sniff* And tell her we miss her and all her horsy craziness and her funnyness and stuff. And tell her to get well soon, or else we'll have to resort to extreme measures.

I'm sure you've noticed by now that we call your dear sister "Ponce". You get a huge prize if you can figure out why. Oh, and sneaking in cats to a hospital is a very bad idea, by the way. We all love Ponce, but there's a reason animals aren't allowed in hospitals...
TheBritishInvasion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know what's going on. Please tell Ponce that we're all thinking of her and we want her to get better and the best way to do that is to follow the doctors orders.
And please give her a great big hug from Britland.
horsin'around

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Ello. Nicholas here. First and foremost, I would like to give everyone a big thank-you for being so supportive and nice to Kris and all that. Alex is at the hospital with her now, and actually, I myself just delivered an incredibly embarrassing potty-training video of my dear younger brother per 'Ponce's' request. I assume it is only a matter of time before she has her laptop.

I wholeheartedly agree with Tamir on the subject of animals in hospitals, but I'm afraid it's already too late. Somehow, in the night, Krislyn's tomcat, Kio, managed to get in her room. Doctors are mystified, 'Ponce' is delighted, and Alex is insufferably smug.

And they always said I was the immature one.

Ergo, yours truly, the responsible one, has loads of work to do on order to keep his younger sibling from blowing up the hospital or something.

Hmpf. She always complained about having so many brothers and no sisters, but who is taking care of all her animals while she's sick? Hm? A word to the wise: never, ever, ever let a stubborn, idealistic younger sister start up a large equine rescue facility. If she ever gets sick, we all know who the works going to fall to...

Ah, don't mind me. I'm actually having fun. Haven't left Ireland for awhile...

On a lighter note, we got a call today from a lady out in a county next door. Got a new colt, very cute, if a little spooky and starved. Jon and Shallan have named him Independance - Indy for short.

Thanks so much again for writing...it really does mean a lot to her. Especially since the doctors are muttering and putting their heads together about an 'operation.' For want of a more delicate word, my dear sister is really pissed.

Regards,

~Nick

postscript - I suppose I should post about what exactly is going on, but dammed if I know. Don't know who you'll get next time; me or Alex. Maybe even Jon.

Double postscript - CBB, at first, we let her have apples, but she threw it at Alex's head because -- never mind. Very Happy

Ponce
Tenshi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the update, it sounds like she is at least well enough to keep her temper, so she can't be that far from recovery! Thank you again for the update, she is in about everybody's thoughts here. If there is any way we can help beyond sending our thoughts, let up know. Get better soon, Ponce!

"If by chance some day you're not feeling well, and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done, and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Red Skelton
horsin'around

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shallan here. Looks like we're taking shifts on updates, eh?

At this moment, she is watching House re-runs and berating her doctor, whom she has known since college. Heh heh...lucky 'im. Razz

I believe she's hooked in all the nurses and doctors and is trying to get them all to guess what's happening to patients in House before the end of the show. It's jolly good fun, even if she is a trouble-maker. That's all for the mo'. Once again, thanks to all for the support; it means loads to her. By my estimation of Alex's grudging acquiescense, she should get her computer by tomorrow.

Adios!

~Shallan

Ponce
JackAce

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, guys!

I'm really not very good at this "sympathy" stuff, so most of of the time I don't even try; but I realize how such a chronic sickness must really suck!

Please make do sure that your sister takes it easy...

She might be bored to death right now, but this relapse ought to make her realize that if she doesn't listen to what her body is telling her, the result will only be more sick time, and consequently more boredom.

Please click on my Eggs and Hatchlings.
unimportant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Aunt has Lupus, and it's really hard on the family when she gets sick or it gets worse, however you want to put it. I hope horsie gets out and gets better soon, I'm thinking of you!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: