FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in
Profile Log in to check your private messages Search

HP 6!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Violabelle

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: HP 6! Reply with quote

The new Harry Potter movie is coming out this week! I find that I'm much more excited about the movies now that there are no more books ::tear::

I just finished watching Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire back-to-back. I now believe that Cedric Diggory faked his own death in order to travel to Washington State and be an angsty telepathic vampire ::cough::.

Anyway, who's excited?!? I can barely remember what happens in this book, other than Dumbledore dying. Apparently I already have my ticket purchased for me for Wednesday. Anyone going at midnight?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going at mid-night. I actually haven't decided to see it in theater. Since it's coming up though, I'll probably end up taking my sisters.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
thespaceinvader

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, I haven't seen a Potter movie since... 3, I think, possibly 4. They got worse as they went through the series, cos the books got longer and they had to cut more and more useful plot each time...
Tinu.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sister and I are going to the midnight showing - if the tickets aren't already sold out. We haven't bought them yet and the premier is tomorrow night . . . If we go, we may even be those weird people who dress up. Very Happy
ichigoli

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my local theater is giving away free gift cards for the top ten costumes! i'm gonna bust out my release party costumes... so excited! :3
Violabelle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oo, I think I'll draw a lightning bolt on my forehead with eyeliner XD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mel and I are contemplating going opening day - it's a little harder now that we've got wee ones to keep us from going where/when ever we feel like.

But I'm super stoked about this one. The trailers look thrillingly awesome XD I reread 6 and 7 in anticipation and Eric and I have been watching all the movies to recap as well. Also, since it was a shorter book, I don't think they'll have to leave too much out. I think Prisoner of Azkaban was the worst for important details left out.

I think Order of the Phoenix was done well though - you should try picking the movies back up, Space. They changed directors and they got back on track (and gave everyone haircuts, thank goodness. The hair in GoF was stooopid). They did change a few details, but nothing super crucial like leaving out how Sirius knew that Wormtail was still alive all of a sudden. (That was so irritating)
Tinu.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Violabelle wrote:
Oo, I think I'll draw a lightning bolt on my forehead with eyeliner XD

We do it with lipstick. :3
Virturealm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the early movies as much as most people, (er, wait, do most people hate them? *cough* I don't like them) and I was dragged to number five with the "Eh...fine, fine, I guess I'd probably see it eventually" mentality, and my brain was completely exploded with how NOT terrible it was. Whoever the new director is he knew what he was doing, and I'm kind of looking forward to this one (though not really waiting for the opening day or anything)
__|..|..|__|
theBSDude

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah totally.

One of my sisters is a pretty big Potter fan (Rowling fan would be more accurate, actually), so I might end up going the first week.

TheBSDude, dubbed 'BS' by Asa and nicknamed 'Thebes.'
Keeper of the Tristam, The Amazing Non-Emo Vampire!(tm) and a Massive List of Webcomics.

"I'm like a ninja with no hopes or dreams." --Wally of Dilbert
Ravenna

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was never a dramatically huge Potter fan when the books were in vogue, so I'm not as excited about the movies as some and I feel like I have to agree with Space.

The third film, while plot details were left out, had a moody, dark element without being dreary, and I'm not sure the two successive films have managed this in my opinion. I tend not to get as upset about plot edits unless it completely mangles the experience, but the awkward cinematography irks me.

I've probably already mumped about this before, but I think they should have allowed Guillmero Del Toro onto the project rather than keep on David Yates because I feel like Del Toro can pull off the dark fairy tale feel that Potter is supposed to take on the latter stages with more aplomb.

I don't want to be a spoilsport for those who are really excited, I just feel like the films aren't floating my boat as much. Confused It's only an opinion. Wink

That having been said, a few of my friends are extremely excited, so it's possible I'll be going along with them.
Squeeself

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squee completely agrees with Ravenna on this one. Squee honestly liked the third film the best; though Squee can see how fans might not like the different feel, it really made for a better movie. Squee will still be seeing the latest later this week since Squee's been dying to see a good summer popcorn movie...there's been a dearth of good movies this year (with the exception of UP). Squee believes the writer's strike finally hit this year Sad At least Squee know sthat this movie can't suck since Squee knows the story already, so it'll at least be decent if not great... Wink
Miho

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not terribly excited. I love the books, but the movies, I'm not totally insane about. I saw the first when at midnight when it was released back in 6th grade... whoa... that was a long time ago... and I was disappointed. Ever since then I usually wait and then randomly stumble upon the DVDs later and watch them, but I honestly can't remember any other Harry Potter movies except for this last one cause I went and saw it in IMAX and I loved it. I think it was cause it was first IMAX movie more than anything.

As for this one... I haven't really seen any previews... I don't go looking for them and I don't have t.v. so I don't know if it looks good or not. I'll probably go see it though. I have too many friends who are freaking out about it that if I want some company at all this week I'll have to go see the film. Who knows, maybe this will be amazing.

Oh and Rave, you have the best ever idea about Del Toro. I would love that. That man speaks to my heart.

Also, I wonder if like 50 years from now, if they'll make a re-make of these movies. Ever wonder about stuff like that? I always do. When I see a movie I always wonder if somewhere along the way when I'm old and grey (assuming I live that long) if there will be a remake of a movie. Just a thought.
Inkeara

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am heading to the cinema in about six hours to wait in line, heh. I may not be the fondest of the movies, but the books have a special place in my heart, and I feel like I should see the movies Smile
Tinu.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't remember much about the book, so I liked the movie a lot. However, I've heard that it's extremely different from the book, and that they added a lot of stuff and left a lot out, and that it was boring compared to the book. I wouldn't really know, and honestly, I was too tired to care.

There was someone dressed up as Bellatrix at my theater. That was pretty interesting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: